The second leg of the Philippine Surfing Championship Tour (PSCT) is around the corner. The festival will be celebrated from the 18th to the 24th of November in Lanuza, Surigao del Sur. Surfers from all over the Philippines will travel to Lanuza to compete at
the Doot Poktoy spot, named after the river its waters sit on. This surf spot is one of the longest right-hander waves in the country.
A total prize of PHP 400,000 will be awarded to the future winners. The 16th Lanuza Surfing Festival is a sanctioned event by the PSCT and organized by the Municipal Government Unit of Lanuza (LGU-Lanuza).
The registration for the competition will be open on November 4.
Click this link to register: https://psctour.com/news/16th-lanuza-surfing-festival-registration-form/
There is no slot limit.
The categories are:
Men’s Shortboard Open (Grade 2)
Women’s Shortboard Open (Grade 2)
Men’s Longboard Open (Grade 2)
Women’s Longboard Open(Grade 2)
Juniors (Grade 2)
Rules of Registration and Payment:
– The registration is done online.
– Payment is through BPI Bank Transfer / Deposit
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Account name: Philippine Surfing Championship Tour Inc.
Account number: 8543-0938-59
Bank branch: 0854 Tuguegarao College Avenue
– PHP 500 entry fee per category. For the first time, surfers can join up to 2 categories (longboard and shortboard)
– Juniors Division – PHP 400 entry fee
– PHP 1000 annual membership fee for 2 or more events; PHP 500 for one-time membership fee (one event)
– Juniors membership fee is PHP 600 for one year (all events); PHP 300 for one event only.
Note: Those who competed in Siargao only need to pay entry fee for this leg unless they only paid the Membership Fee for one (1) event.
Surfers who paid for a single-event Membership Fee during the Siargao leg must pay additional PHP 500 Membership Fee for the
Open divisions and PHP 300 for the Juniors division to join the Lanuza and all other succeeding legs. Juniors have additional
requirements as discussed below on the Process of Registration and Payment section.
– The deadline for the payment will be November 15th
– There is no slot limit for all categories.
– There is no onsite registration or payment available during the tournament, all registrations must be done before.
– All signed waivers (of new members) should be submitted during the surfer’s briefing (November 17, time TBA) at the Lanuza
Surf Camp. If there is no originally-signed waiver, the surfer will not be allowed to compete and the payment will not be refunded)
– Heats will be uploaded on or before November 17th.
Process of Registration and Payment
1. Fill up the registration form. https://psctour.com/news/16th-lanuza-surfing-festival-registration-form/
Note: For those who previously registered for the 1stleg in Siargao, there is no need to send the waiver.
2. Send your proof of payment (receipts, deposit slips or a screenshot of the
bank transfer confirmation) as a reply to the confirmation e-mail you received after submitting your online registration.
The slot will only be confirmed once the bank deposit slip is received by PSCT, not when the transfer is made.
3. Juniors participating should also send the following documents attached to the email:
o Copy of school grades
o Copy of school attendance
o Excuse letter approved by the teacher/adviser/principal
Note: Only juniors with good grades and school attendance will be allowed to participate in the PSCT legs. Those who already participated during the Siargao leg only need to submit their excuse letter.
Submit your originally signed waiver during the Surfers’ Briefing. Surfers under 18 years should have their waiver signed by their parents or guardian. Failure to submit originally signed waiver will cause a surfer to lost his/her slot.
Before registering, please read the Surfer’s Manual (https://www.psctour.com/rules-and-regulations/) and make sure you
know all the regulations of the PSCT. You can also check the list of prizes and point system here. Moreover, food will only
be served at the Lanuza Surf Camp during the opening and the closing program. There will be no food served for the rest
of the days.
Get ready to enjoy the second leg of the Philippine Surfing Championship Tour!
The 16th Lanuza Surfing Festival is brought to you by the following sponsors and media partners: The Municipality of
Lanuza the Province of Surigao del Sur, Office of Senator Sonny Angara, Congressman Prospero Pichay Jr, Gwapitos,
Fat Lips Surfshop, Kudo Surf, Babak Bungalows, Pichay Initiative, Sky Jet Air (Official Airline Partner), Department
of Tourism, Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority, San Miguel Beer, Coca-Cola, ANC-X, My Life On
Board, ABS CBN Sports + Action, FluidSurf, The Healthy Grocery, Marajaw Surf Company, INQPop, People’s Television
Network, Inquirer.net, ZESTO Corporation, Reefside, Phenom Fitness, and CNN Philippines.